Draping is a technique of great manuality that allows you to build a garment directly on the mannequin without using the pattern. Many great contemporary fashion designers own this fascinating technique.
Draping course is aimed to all creative figures: Fashion Designers, Pattern Makers and Dressmakers. The course provides you all the techniques and procedures in order to accomplish a project.
- Draping course presentation, history and use of the fashion technique
- Necessary tools for the Draping realization
- Study and measurement of the mannequin and the human figure – the lines marking
- Fabrics structure: straight line and bias
- Fabric placement on the mannequin
- Pinning of the fabric and fabric marking
- Study of basic bodice and exercise through the use of muslin
- Study and exercise on the various transformations
- Study and exercises of simple and complex draping
- Study and exercise of various apparel lines and structures in the history of fashion till nowadays
- Study and research for preparation of student’s own sketch
- Realization of the sketch through the Draping technique with the muslin
- Transfer of the model from muslin to paper
- Final realization of the sketch in fabric